Skip to main content

8ight Street Exercises

For an entire day I chose to shoot up close, approximately one arm length away from my subject. I took many of these photos on the streets of Hampton Beach and some around my house. One habit I recognized was when being forced to shoot up close, I often focused on capturing the texture of my subjects. These photos also capture the idea of "getting lost" because you wouldn't know exactly where these photos were taken especially if they were displayed individually. The photos taken on the beach don't show what beach is it. The photos taken on the boardwalk and at my house don't show any specific details to tie them to a location. With out any specific theme the viewer can get lost in this set of photos.

At Arms Length










































180 Degrees

While walking around the boardwalk of Hampton Beach I suddenly realized these narrow alley ways between the restaurants. I've been to Hampton many times before but I never really payed any attention these areas. This is a benefit to going to the beach in the winter, there are very few people. There is very limited space in these allies and one which was filled with trash. However, with a one-hundred and eighty degree turn you are facing the wide open beach.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Life

Bracketing

Underexposure Normal Exposure Overexposure

Amalgamation

Below are my two versions of amalgamations based off of work from Nancy Burson. I ran in quite a few difficulties with these works. First, I'm brand new to photoshop and had a lot of trouble navigating through all the tools.  For my Nancy Burton style amalgamation, I really struggled with aligning the portraits on top of each other. Everyone's face structure is different and it's hard to make the facial features line up, specifically the eyes. I also struggled with choosing the right opacity. I didn't want one image to be stronger than the other because then you couldn't see features from all the portraits. For my free-style amalgamation, I had trouble cropping the images to fit all six portraits in the frame. I was also difficult to vertically align the heads. However, I'd say my photoshop skills have improved from this project. Free-style amalgamation Nancy Burson Amalgamation